[IRTalk] Call for proposals: 15th International Conference on Open Repositories OR2020

African Open Science Platform africaopenscience at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:27:20 SAST 2019

[image: image.png]

*CALL FOR PROPOSALS*

The 15th International Conference on Open Repositories, OR2020,
<https://or2020.sun.ac.za/en/> will be held in Stellenbosch, South Africa,
from 1-4 June 2020. The organisers are pleased to invite you to contribute
to the program.

This year’s conference theme is:

*Open for all*

In today’s world, access to knowledge by all is viewed by some as a
fundamental freedom and human right. In our societies, open knowledge for
all can enable sustainable development and growth on many levels. How well
do repositories support knowledge in the service of society? How well do
they enable local knowledge sharing and support not only academic use, but
also use in education and practice?

*Invitation to participate*

OR2020 will provide an opportunity to explore and reflect on the ways
repositories enable openness for all. We hope that this discussion will
give the participants new insights and inspiration, which will help them to
play a key role in developing, supporting and sharing an open agenda and
open tools for research and scholarship.

We welcome proposals on the overall “Open for All” theme, but also on other
administrative, organisational or practical topics related to digital
repositories. We are particularly interested in the following sub-themes:

Equity and democratization of knowledge / Beyond the repository / Open and
sustainable / Policies, licensing and copyright laws / Discovery, use and
impact / Supporting open scholarship and cultural heritage

The following submission categories are available:

Presentations / Panels / 24/7 presentations / Posters / Developer track /
Workshops and tutorials

Please see detailed information on the Call for proposals
<https://or2020.sun.ac.za/call-for-proposals/> page of the Conference
website <https://or2020.sun.ac.za/>.

Enquiries <or20-program-chairs at googlegroups.com>

Website <https://or2020.sun.ac.za/> / Twitter