[IRTalk] Invitation to register for Data intelligence in libraries: the actual and artificial perspectives - Frankfurt, 22 & 23 August 2019
Klapwijk, WOUTER [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Wklap at sun.ac.za
Sun Jul 7 23:24:37 SAST 2019
** Further call for registration **
IFLA WLIC 2019 pre-conference satellite meeting
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek, Frankfurt
22 – 23 August 2019
Registration fee: €60
The ability to derive insight and intelligence from data is an important requirement for all organisations operating in a data-intensive environment, none more so than in libraries.
The IFLA WLIC 2019 Big Data SIG preconference satellite meeting investigates the underlying considerations for administering scholarly, scientific and operations data in libraries. It does so from the perspective of the human agent – the library professional and library user – and from that what the artificial agent needs to infer and learn from data:
* the requirement for timely and insightful management information derived from library data generated by the use of online resources and library services;
* the skills required by the information professional to derive insight from data, as well as the skills and techniques needed to use, wrangle and visualize data;
* the infrastructures, frameworks and applications on which data gathering, cleaning, analysis and visualization is done;
* the dependency of machine agents on reputable and curated scholarly data to derive intelligence from it through a process of knowledge engineering, and the role of libraries in making such data findable and available (open, linked and liberated);
* the professional issues of data librarianship in transforming library collections into rich sources of scientific data.
Please join us in discussing these topics on 22 & 23 August 2019 at the German National Library in Frankfurt. For more information, and to register, please visit https://sites.google.com/view/wlic2019-big-data.
IFLA Big Data SIG Convenor
on behalf of the Organising Committee
The integrity and confidentiality of this email are governed by these terms. Disclaimer<http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer>
Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie e-pos word deur die volgende bepalings bereël. Vrywaringsklousule<http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IRTalk