[IRTalk] Africa Open Science & Hardware summit 2019

Thomas Hervé Mboa Nkoudou thomasmboa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:37:32 SAST 2019

Dear Friend,

Happy new year!

In case you haven’t heard, the 2nd Africa Open Science and Hardware Summit
will be held on April 10-13 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. We hope you and
your community will be eager to join -  a community of makers, hackers,
practitioners, researchers, educators, government officials, and start-up
innovators in science and technology primarily across the African continent
and the global South.

We hope you can spread the word by forwarding this email to your community
and interested parties. You can find out more and follow updates at
facebook.com/africaosh <https://www.facebook.com/AfricaOSH/>,
twitter.com/africaosh <https://twitter.com/africaosh?lang=en>
www.africaosh.com

The deadline for application is February 15. You can view the application
form here: https://tinyurl.com/AfricaOSH2019

*About Africa OSH*

Africa OSH is a grassroots effort that provides people interested in open
science and hardware an alternative to traditional intellectual property
(IP) and closed systems as a means to achieve locally adaptable
technologies that will foster economic growth in Africa. We are also
facilitating the creation of the first roadmap for Open Science & Hardware
in Africa that will be refined in this year’s summit.

Last year, our event in Kumasi, Ghana catalyzed the interaction of ~100
participants from 22 countries. Topics discussed ranged from citizen
science, DIY Biology, open source technology, entrepreneurship,
biosecurity, bioart, design, social science, and open access and
publishing. Partnerships and new initiatives were born.

Over several days, we will have opportunities to learn more about projects
and initiatives across the continent, create space for exchange and
collaboration through workshops, panels and sessions initiated by attendees.

You can find out more about us and last year’s event at http://africaosh.com.
Again,* the deadline for application is February 15. Apply here*:
https://tinyurl.com/AfricaOSH2019.

Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for spreading
the word. We hope to see you or representative from your organization in
April!

Thomas Hervé Mboa Nkoudou
AfricaOSH Organizing Committee

APSOHA (Association pour la Promotion de la Science Ouverte en Haïti et en
Afrique).