[IRTalk] EIFL Open Science Training in Africa

Jean Ganglo ganglocj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 23:19:03 SAST 2018

Dear Ina,

I thank you very much for reminding about that important question. Indeed,
lack of capacity is the real bottleneck for open data access and data uses
to inform decisions on biodiversity conservation particularly in Africa.
Being aware of that, in collaboration with the biodiversity institute of
the University of Kansas, I developed a curriculum of master program in
biodiversity informatics.

The master program is then created at my University and opened its doors
this academic year.

We will soon push forward and have also a Ph. D program in biodiversity
informatics.

Actually I am in need of international experts to come to Benin to teach in
the program and supervise research works so as to give as much credit as
possible to the program.

Yours suggestions and assistance are very welcome!

My best regards to you.

Yours sincerely

Jean

--
Jean C. GANGLO
Professor of Forestry and Plant sociology.
E-mail: ganglocj at gmail.com
Tel: 00229 66 36 37 70 / 00229 94 57 89 15
Skype: ganglocossi