[IRTalk] Money Stockholm University saves from cancelled agreement with Elsevier will be used to publish research in full Open Access journals

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Fri Jun 29 14:48:42 SAST 2018

Fyi

Dear all!

As you all know by now, Sweden's research libraries have, through the national consortium Bibsam, cancelled the agreement with Elsevier as of 1st of July. At Stockholm University we have decided to use the money saved from the cancellation to publish research in full Open Access journals, as this help to urge the development towards a sustainable transition to open science, as we see it.

For further information, please see:

Press release: https://www.alphagalileo.org/en-gb/Item-Display/ItemId/165590?returnurl=https://www.alphagalileo.org/en-gb/Item-Display/ItemId/165590

Stokcholm University Library news:
https://www.su.se/english/library/about-us/press-information/2.42247/stockholm-university-gives-researchers-more-support-to-get-published-in-full-open-access-journals

Kind regards,
Lisa
____________________________________

Lisa Lovén
Librarian, Licensing Coordinator

Stockholm University Library
Stockholm University
SE-106 91 Stockholm
Visiting address: Universitetsvägen 14 D
Phone: +46 (0)8-16 27 92
Mobile: +46 (0)73-270 43 96
E-mail: lisa.loven at su.se<mailto:lisa.loven at su.se>
www.su.se<http://www.su.se/>

ASSAf Disclaimer: The views and opinions included in this email belong to their author and do not necessarily mirror the views and opinions of the company. Our employees are obliged not to make any defamatory clauses, infringe, or authorize infringement of any legal right. Therefore, the company will not take any liability for such statements included in emails. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, employees are fully responsible for the content of their emails.