[IRTalk] FW: Update from The Netherlands

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Tue Jul 10 10:21:46 SAST 2018

And news from the Netherlands.

From: Community [mailto:community-bounces at oa2020.org] On Behalf Of Wilma van Wezenbeek
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2018 1:31 PM
To: community at oa2020.org
Subject: [OA2020 Community] Update from The Netherlands

Dear all,

Just a quick note to update you on the latest news from the VSNU in The Netherlands.

**
Earlier this year the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU) reached an agreement on the main issues with Springer Nature and Taylor & Francis. In the past months details have been fleshed out in the contract. Both publishers have now agreed to publish their contract.

Agreements about subscription fees for academic journals are made with academic publishers on behalf of all of the Dutch universities. The VSNU is currently negotiating with these publishers on the universities' behalf. The universities are only willing to renew the subscription agreements on the condition that the publishers will make their articles available in open access. This has been achieved with many publishers, as can be read in the e-zine<http://www.vsnu.nl/Roadmap-open-access-2018-2020-English/> published earlier this year.

Tim van der Hagen, negotiator for Taylor & Francis on behalf of the VSNU and rector/chair of the executive board of Delft University of Technology: 'As laid down in the recently signed sector agreement on higher education, our aim is to have the details of these type of contracts to be made public. This is a matter close to our hearts, as it concerns the use of public funds. We are glad that these publishers have contributed to this.'

Taylor & Francis' journal titles in which Dutch corresponding authors can publish open access without additional charges<https://library.wur.nl/WebQuery/jbrowser?deal/name=tfopenselect>
Further information about contract with Taylor & Francis<http://openaccess.nl/en/publisher/taylor-francis>
Springer Nature's journal titles in which Dutch corresponding authors can publish open access without additional charges<https://library.wur.nl/WebQuery/jbrowser?deal/name=springer> at Springer Nature
Further information about contract with Springer Nature<http://www.openaccess.nl/en/publisher/springer>

Best wishes, Wilma

Ir Wilma van Wezenbeek
TU Delft Library
Director
T    +31 (0)15-27 87817, or via management-assistant  +31 (0)15-27 87638
M   +31 (0)6-48875986
E    w.j.s.m.vanwezenbeek at tudelft.nl<mailto:w.j.s.m.vanwezenbeek at tudelft.nl>
B    http://tulibrarian.weblog.tudelft.nl/
[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image002.jpg at 01CC9E40.65EB5980]   @wvanwezenbeek<http://www.twitter.com/wvanwezenbeek>
[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image004.jpg at 01CC9E40.65EB5980]   Wilma van Wezenbeek<http://nl.linkedin.com/in/wezenbeek>
[Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image004.jpg at 01CCB5AB.46E43DE0]<http://www.twitter.com/tudelftlibrary> [Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image005.jpg at 01CCB5AB.46E43DE0] <http://www.facebook.com/tudelftlibrary>

Ir Wilma van Wezenbeek
Programmamanager Open Access

| M +31 (0)6 48 87 59 86 | vanwezenbeek at vsnu.nl<mailto:vanwezenbeek at vsnu.nl>

Vereniging van Universiteiten (VSNU) | Lange Houtstraat 2 | Postbus 13739 | 2501 ES Den Haag
+31 (0)70 302 14 00 | www.vsnu.nl<http://www.vsnu.nl/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3F7F6.5A7AF760]<tudelft.nl/library/survivingspace>

ASSAf Disclaimer: The views and opinions included in this email belong to their author and do not necessarily mirror the views and opinions of the company. Our employees are obliged not to make any defamatory clauses, infringe, or authorize infringement of any legal right. Therefore, the company will not take any liability for such statements included in emails. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, employees are fully responsible for the content of their emails.