[IRTalk] FW: Action plans for open access - 14th Berlin Open Access Conference and more important dates!

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Wed Feb 7 14:01:02 SAST 2018

From: Community [mailto:community-bounces at oa2020.org] On Behalf Of Open Access 2020
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 10:36 AM
To: community at oa2020.org
Subject: [OA2020 Community] Action plans for open access - 14th Berlin Open Access Conference and more important dates!

Dear colleagues,

As supporters of the Open Access 2020 Initiative<https://oa2020.org/> and signatory institutions of the OA2020 Expression of Interest in the Large-Scale Implementation of Open Access to Scholarly Journals<https://oa2020.org/mission/>, we are very pleased to share some important news.

The 14th Berlin Open Access Conference will be held on 3-4 December 2018 at the Max Planck Society's Harnack House in Berlin. The conference will have a completely new format to ensure that key representatives from the academic and research communities from around the world will have the opportunity to measure the progress of different approaches in the open access transition and strategize together on concerted actions that will drive the transformation of scholarly communications.

In the meantime, two further OA2020 Transformation Workshops<https://oa2020.org/events/#workshops> offered by the Max Planck Digital Library have been scheduled for 2018, in order to meet the high demand of librarians and consortia staff who are interested in learning the strategic and practical aspects of transitioning today's scholarly journals to open access:

6-8 March 2018
Places fully booked.

5-7 June 2018
Registration will open in March

25-27 September 2018
Registration will open in June.

We will keep you updated on these events and other news via this newly created listserv dedicated to the OA2020 Community<https://oa2020.org/be-informed/#oa2020> and moderated by the OA2020 Project Team. I encourage you to share news of your activities in driving the transformation of today's scholarly journals from subscription to open access business models.

With best wishes,

Colleen

Colleen Campbell
OA2020 Partner Development