[IRTalk] Aligning Repository Networks: International Accord Released: COAR2017, 8-10 May 2017, Venice, Italy

Bruce Becker BBecker at csir.co.za
Tue May 9 08:41:01 SAST 2017

Hello Lazarus,

This looks like a very sensible position to take :)

Could you or someone else on the list please elaborate on some of the
specifics ? One can't but agree with the strategy,  but I find it quite
difficult to understand where to hook into it effectively, as an
infrastructure engineer and a scientist.

I am one of those people who are "developing value-added services on top of
repositories" and have tried very hard to do technology transfer, for
example.

If one wanted to contribute to this strategy, the question I have is : how
?

Clearly this is not something that can be easily answered definitively in a
single reply so I would welcome some discussion on the matter, from all on
the list.

Thanks !
Bruce