[IRTalk] Hilton Gibson passed away

richard lamptey phanerosis75 at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 13:42:45 SAST 2017

This is a great lose to us ..........may his family be comforted.
  And may his soul rest in perfect peace. Richard Bruce Lamptey
Senior Assistant Librarian
K.N.U.S.T, Kumasi-Ghana
website:www.knust.edu.gh.rlamptey.lib at knust.edu.gh
Skype :   richardbrucelamptey
EIFL OA Country coordinator
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5024-7616

    On Monday, May 8, 2017 10:10 AM, Leti Kleyn <Leti.Kleyn at up.ac.za> wrote:

  Dear IR Community member,it is with great regret that I have to inform you that our Open Access colleague, Hilton Gibson, passed away this morning after a struggle with pancreatic cancer.Hilton was know for his irreplaceable contribution to the DSpace and Open Access community in South African and the African continent at large.RegardsLeti Kleyn
Dr Leti Kleyn Manager: Open Scholarship & Digitisation Programmes Department of Library Services  Merensky Library Room 2.24.2University of Pretoria 8 leti.kleyn at up.ac.za ) 012 420 3876   _______________________________________________
IRTalk mailing list
IRTalk at lists.lib.sun.ac.za