[IRTalk] Please endorse the Accord: Open Data in a Big Data World

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Mon Mar 20 13:22:15 SAST 2017

Dear all

As you know by now, the African Open Science Platform<http://africanopenscience.org.za/> is an important outcome of the Accord on Open Data in a Big Data World<http://www.icsu.org/science-international/accord>. We would like to invite all African institutions supporting the principles laid out in this Accord (that data should be intelligently open), to officially endorse it. Very few African organisations have this far endorsed it, and are aware of it. Do so by completing the brief online form at:

http://www.science-international.org/#endorse

The list of organisations that have endorsed: http://www.science-international.org/#ourendorses

Thank you very much, and we are looking forward receiving your endorsement soon!

Kind regards
Ina

Ina Smith
Planning Manager, Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf)
DOAJ Ambassador, Southern Africa Region
LIASA Librarian of the Year 2016

[cid:image001.gif at 01D2A17B.F673A8B0]<http://orcid.org/>  http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9710-3668

Switchboard: +27 12 349 6600
Tel: +27 12 349 6641
Fax: +27 (0) 86 576 9512
Email: ina at assaf.org.za<mailto:ina at assaf.org.za>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D2A17B.F673A8B0]

1st Floor Block A, The Woods, 41 De Havilland Crescent, Persequor Park
Meiring Naudé Road, Lynnwood 0020, Pretoria, South Africa.

PO Box 72135, Lynnwood Ridge 0040, Pretoria, South Africa.

Website: www.assaf.org.za<http://www.assaf.org.za/>