[IRTalk] Sci-GaIA: A Festival of Open Science in Africa

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Thu Mar 2 10:13:10 SAST 2017

* Apologies for cross-posting *

Dear Colleagues

Exciting data initiatives have been implemented on the African continent, great work has been done already (e.g. through Sci-GaIA) and a lot of discussions, new developments and more are taking place. Please join us in becoming part of this very exciting conversation. ASSAf will also share developments on the African Open Science Platform<http://africanopenscience.org.za/> initiative, and we would very much like all stakeholders to participate in a collaborative way. It is opportunities such as these that help all moving forward. Please feel free to share events happening in the rest of Africa with us, should there be any. We would love to learn about it.

For the Sci-GaIA: A Festival of Open Science in Africa event, please see http://www.sci-gaia.eu/final-event/

23 & 24 March 2017, CSIR, Pretoria, South Africa

Looking forward seeing you there!

Kind regards
Ina

Ina Smith
Planning Manager, Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf)
DOAJ Ambassador, Southern Africa Region
LIASA Librarian of the Year 2016

[cid:image001.gif at 01D2933D.97270290]<http://orcid.org/>  http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9710-3668

Switchboard: +27 12 349 6600
Tel: +27 12 349 6641
Fax: +27 (0) 86 576 9512
Email: ina at assaf.org.za<mailto:ina at assaf.org.za>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D2933D.97270290]

1st Floor Block A, The Woods, 41 De Havilland Crescent, Persequor Park
Meiring Naudé Road, Lynnwood 0020, Pretoria, South Africa.

PO Box 72135, Lynnwood Ridge 0040, Pretoria, South Africa.

Website: www.assaf.org.za<http://www.assaf.org.za/>