[IRTalk] It’s time to heed the drive towards open books

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Wed Mar 1 16:07:24 SAST 2017

Dear Nason

Thank you very much for this, and I agree that open books/monographs the next big thing. We are exploring as part of the National Scholarly Book Publishers Forum (under guidance of Susan Veldsman & Desre Stead).

As far as systems concern – also see Open Monograph Press<https://pkp.sfu.ca/omp/>, and SciELO Books Network<http://books.scielo.org/en>. And also DOAB<http://www.doabooks.org/>.

Hope publishers and research institutions will take up this also.

Kind regards
Ina