[IRTalk] Introducing Canary Haz: discovering article PDFs with one click

Nason Bimbe nasonbimbe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:47:07 SAST 2017

Access to PDFs of research papers is too often overly complicated and
restricted. Canary Haz, a free browser plugin that helps researchers access
the PDFs they need with just one click, has been released in response to
this frustration. Peter Vincent, one of the co-founders, explains a little
more about how Canary Haz works, while also encouraging feedback from the
wider research community.

Frustrated by unnecessary barriers between researchers and journal papers,
two colleagues from Imperial College London and I set out on a mission to
solve the academic PDF “access problem”. Last month we released Canary Haz,

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2017/06/06/introducing-canary-haz-discovering-article-pdfs-with-one-click/