[IRTalk] Fwd: [SCHOLCOMM] New Forum for IR Managers

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:01:39 SAST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Christy Shorey" <scholcomm at lists.ala.org>
Date: 16 Feb 2017 18:59
Subject: [SCHOLCOMM] New Forum for IR Managers
To: <scholcomm at lists.ala.org>

Good Afternoon,

Institutional repository managers from libraries at the University of
Massachusetts, University of Florida, University of North Texas and Texas
A&M University, are collaborating to start the IR Managers Forum. This
forum is specifically designed to support information sharing among
institutional repository managers, regardless of software platform,
institutional setting, or technical expertise.

As IR managers, we often deal with common problems and stand to benefit
from understanding how our colleagues approach these issues. Conversations
have the potential to help individual managers develop their repository
policies, outreach, workflows, and best practices. They can also aid in
cross-platform comparisons to identify software features and limitations,
larger trends in institutional repositories, and future directions.

To join the IR Managers Forum, visit: https://groups.google.com/
forum/#!forum/irmanagers

--

*Christy Shorey**, MLIS*

Manager of UF Institutional Repository

Digital Support Services, George A. Smathers Library

University of Florida

P.O. Box 117003

Gainesville, FL  32611-7003

352.273.2831