[IRTalk] IR Software comparison by Unesco

Hussein Suleman hussein at cs.uct.ac.za
Thu Aug 31 11:34:56 SAST 2017

Hi Colleagues

I have to agree with Bruce.

Has anyone ever tried to recover metadata and digital objects from a
repository where the operating system is no longer operational?  Or
where the operating system cannot be run so all you have is a file-based
backup of the data?  In such cases, most of the recommended systems fail
quite miserably.

We do need to think of long term, maintenance, transfer, recovery, etc.
when we evaluate repository tools. Or we should stop using the word
preservation.

Regards,
    Hussein Suleman

--
Hussein Suleman, PhD
Head of Department and Associate Professor