[IRTalk] 10 Famous Articles Still Behind a Paywall | Authorea

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:02:04 SAST 2016

We all know E=mc2E=mc2, even if we all don't really understand what it
means. Some research findings, like Einstein's theory of relativity, have
permeated all parts of our culture, so much so that we often take the
actual ideas and access to them for granted. Indeed, *despite Einstein's
paper being over one hundred years old, it remains behind a paywall.*  Here
we show 10 famous papers that have achieved a similar "rockstar status"
amongst researchers and the public that are also behind paywalls to shine
light on an aging practice, paywalling research.  We believe that open
research communication is key to advancing research and we're working every
day to make this possible for researchers in a sustainable and effective
manner.

https://www.authorea.com/users/8850/articles/124254/_show_article