[IRTalk] Fwd: JOINT OPEN ACCESS SEMINAR AT WITS POSTPONED

Leti Kleyn Leti.Kleyn at up.ac.za
Wed Oct 5 10:31:40 SAST 2016

>>> Denise Nicholson <Denise.Nicholson at wits.ac.za> 2016/10/05 09:13 AM

To all those registered for the OA Seminar on 7 October:

It is with much regret that I have to inform you that the Joint Open
Access Seminar which was due to be held at Wits on Friday 7 October
2016, will have to be postponed until a later date, hopefully before the
end of the year.  90 people registered to attend this seminar, but in
view of the awful situation on our campus yesterday, the current
uncertainty, and a General Assembly planned for Friday, 7th, we have no
alternative but to postpone this event.

On behalf of the co-ordinating team, I wish to express sincere
apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope that you will be able
to attend the seminar when it is rescheduled.

Thank you,

Denise

Denise Nicholson (Mrs), BA HDip Lib(Unisa); LLM(Wits)
Scholarly Communications Librarian
Scholarly Communications & Copyright Services Office
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
The Library, Private Bag X1, WITS, 2050, South Africa
Tel. No. + 27 11 717-1929 : Fax No. + 27 11 717-1946
Mobile:  +27 83 4422572 (for urgent calls only)
Email Fax 0867653377
LibGuides - http://libguides.wits.ac.za/prf.php?account_id=25548
http://www.wits.ac.za/library
http://africanlii.org/newsletter/copyright-a2k-issues
http://africanlii.org/newsletter/legal-deposit-south-africa
orcid.org/0000-0002-8591-3276

“Information is the currency of democracy.” (Thomas Jefferson
(1743–1826)).”

If you wish to comment on our service or offer suggestions on service
issues, please click on www.wits.ac.za/serviceadmin

This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is
confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy
or disseminate this communication without the permission of the
University. Only authorised signatories are competent to enter into
agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised
that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the
author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between
the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the
University agrees in writing to the contrary.