[IRTalk] ORCID goes national in Germany – ScienceOpen Blog

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:29:19 SAST 2016

At ScienceOpen, there’s nothing more we like than good news for open
science! That’s why we’re happy this week to see ORCID announcing a new
partnership with the DFG, the German Research Foundation and major
government funding body here, to support increased ORCID adoption in
Germany.

The aim of this partnership is to standardise and integrated information
that is currently distributed throughout more than 230 systems and
databases in Germany. By adopting ORCID, this will support German
universities and research institutes in implementing ORCID in a
co-ordinated and sustainable approach.

http://blog.scienceopen.com/2016/03/orcid-goes-national-in-germany/