[IRTalk] The Myth About Print Coming Back and Bookstores on the Rise | Jane Friedman

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:25:33 SAST 2016

I belong to a wide range of Facebook groups and follow a lot of media news,
and few things are more frustrating than people who celebrate the
apparent “resurgence” of print and the comeback of independent bookstores
as some kind of “win” over ebooks and digital media. Most of it is wishful
thinking rather than an understanding of what’s actually happening out
there. With my colleague Porter Anderson, I try to offer perspective on
current developments and put all the stats into their proper context.

https://janefriedman.com/myth-print-coming-back-bookstores-rise/