[IRTalk] Fwd: [SCHOLCOMM] 8 weeks to go: Register for the 8th Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 12:18:47 SAST 2016

FYI.

*Hilton Gibson*
Stellenbosch University Library
*http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2992-208X
<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2992-208X>*

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leyla Williams <leyla.williams at oaspa.org>
Date: 25 July 2016 at 12:13
Subject: [SCHOLCOMM] 8 weeks to go: Register for the 8th Conference on Open
Access Scholarly Publishing
To: scholcomm at lists.ala.org

Dear all,

The 8th Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing (COASP
<http://oaspa.org/conference/>), hosted by the Open Access Scholarly
Publishers Association, OASPA, will be held in 8 weeks time. The event will
be held at the Westin Arlington Gateway, Virginia, on the 21st and 22nd
September, 2016. To register for the conference, *visit the conference
website <http://oaspa.org/registrations-and-accommodation/> today:
**http://oaspa.org/registrations-and-accommodation/
<http://oaspa.org/registrations-and-accommodation/>*

The final program is now available on the conference website
<http://oaspa.org/conference/coasp-2016-program/> along with registration
details. Keynote speakers for this year are Heather Joseph
<http://sparcopen.org/people/heather-joseph/> (Executive Director,
SPARC), MacKenzie
Smith <https://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/ul/about/meetnewul.php> (University
Librarian, University of California, Davis), Hilda Bastian
<http://hildabastian.net/> (Chief Editor, PubMed Health/PubMed
Commons), Meredith
Morovati <https://blog.datadryad.org/2015/03/03/execdirmm/> (Executive
Director, Dryad), and Jerry Sheehan
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/ostp/about/leadershipstaff>
(Assistant
Director for Scientific Data & Information, White House Office of Science
and Technology Policy - TBC).

An essential conference for all those working in and interested in open
access publishing, COASP returns for its 8th year with a diverse range of
panels, events, and collaborative opportunities to bring together the open
access community. With open access now at the top of the agendas of global
governments, universities, libraries, funders, and policy makers, and of
critical importance to researchers at all stages of their careers, COASP
offers a crucial space for those working in open access around the world to
come together and discuss developments, innovations, and best practices,
and to make and build upon collaborations old and new.

*'I really loved the conversations around assessment and around what we can
do to move forward -- how we can change the world, if you will.' *
In this video, <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVa6B9n6zYQ> Jennifer
Hansen, Senior Officer of Knowledge & Research at the Bill & Melinda Gates
Foundation, reflects on her time at the 7th Conference on Open Access
Scholarly Publishing (COASP) in Amsterdam, 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVa6B9n6zYQ

A pre-conference reception for delegates will be held on the evening of
Tuesday 20 September. Delegates will be entitled to discounted rates on
guest rooms at the conference hotel.

We hope you can join us.

Best wishes,
Leyla
—————
Leyla Williams
Events and Communications Coordinator
Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, OASPA
oaspa.org | Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA> | Sign up

Registrations are now open for 8th Conference of Open Access Scholarly
Publishing, COASP: oaspa.org/conference/registrations-and-accommodation