[IRTalk] Marcus' World: Aaron Swartz's Legacy, and the Continuing Confusion about what Open Access Actually Means

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:20:44 SAST 2016

Last week Mike Pesca, the host of Slate's daily podcast The Gist,
interviewed author Justin Peters about Peters's recent book The Idealist:
Aaron Swartz and the Rise of Free Culture on the Internet. Pesca is a
seasoned and engaging interviewer, so I was looking forward to his
conversation with Peters. I came away from the conversation depressed,
because the tenor of Pesca's questions revealed how little the causes
Swartz fought for are actually understood
​.
​

http://mbanks.typepad.com/my_weblog/2016/07/aaron-swartzs-legacy-and-the-continuing-confusion-about-what-open-access-actually-means.html