[Irtalk] The facilitated collection - Lorcan Dempsey's Weblog

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 11:05:09 SAST 2016

Collections have been central to library identity – we have discussed how
library collections are changing in a network environment elsewhere
(Collection Directions: The Evolution of Library Collections and Collecting
– PDF). Support for the discovery, curation and creation of resources in
research and learning practices continues to evolve. In this blog entry I
discuss one element of these changes,
*the emergence of what I call the facilitated collection, a coordinated mix
of local, external and collaborative services assembled around user needs​.*
​

http://orweblog.oclc.org/towards-the-facilitated-collection