[Irtalk] Topic: Open Access Infrastructure- Summer 2014 (v.26 no.2) - National Information Standards Organization

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:48:07 SAST 2016

​When we were considering this issue, we were very aware that we didn't
want to revisit previous arguments about open access (OA), but rather take
as our starting point the fact that 2013 seemed to have been a watershed
for open access. Driven by a number of policy announcements from funding
bodies and governments worldwide,* the question is no longer whether open
access will or should happen, but rather how will it be implemented in a
sustainable way.​*

http://www.niso.org/publications/isq/2014/v26no2/