[Irtalk] Keep your university’s journals in DOAJ!

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Fri Feb 19 08:40:04 SAST 2016

Dear Colleagues

We have just added and renewed our OA articles at ASSAf. Please make sure your OA journal titles at your institution are also renewed for inclusion in this trusted directory for OA journals.

Kind regards
Ina

Keep your university’s journals in DOAJ!

The Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) requires all journals accepted into the directory before March 2014 to reapply for listing under stricter criteria. The reapplication windows ends 31 March 2016.
After this time, any journal currently listed in DOAJ, but which has not reapplied, will be removed from the directory.

Many of the journals that have not yet reapplied are published by universities, with a large number in the US. We’d like to encourage librarians to check with faculty to ensure that quality journals published by your institution do reapply and are retained in DOAJ.
Many thanks in advance for your help!

For any questions on the DOAJ reapplication process, please contact us at feedback at doaj.org

Kind regards,

Sonja Brage