[IRTalk] Fwd: [SCHOLCOMM] Announcing a new CC-BY licensed altmetrics resource, What Are Altmetrics?

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 11:44:29 SAST 2016

FYI.

*Hilton Gibson*
Stellenbosch University Library
*http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2992-208X
<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2992-208X>*

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stacy Konkiel <stacy at altmetric.com>
Date: 16 August 2016 at 11:00
Subject: [SCHOLCOMM] Announcing a new CC-BY licensed altmetrics resource,
What Are Altmetrics?
To: sigmetrics at mail.asis.org, LIS-BIBLIOMETRICS at jiscmail.ac.uk,
scholcomm at lists.ala.org

** apologies for cross-posting and a bit of self-promotion **

I’m proud to share the release of a new altmetrics educational website: What
Are Altmetrics? <http://www.whatarealtmetrics.com>

This guide to “all things altmetrics” builds upon the popular altmetrics
Libguides <http://blog.impactstory.org/steal-altmetrics-libguide/> I
developed while at Impactstory, updating the existing resources and adding
a whole lot more.

What Are Altmetrics? includes:

   -

   An updated list of examples of how researchers, librarians, publishers,
   and funding agencies are using altmetrics;
   -

   Expert recommendations for the responsible use of altmetrics in CVs,
   grant applications, and tenure dossiers;
   -

   A curated list of 40+ handouts, presentations, videos, Libguides, and
   readings that you can use as a starting point for developing your own
   outreach efforts; and
   -

   Information on how to find altmetrics data, using the most popular
   altmetrics apps.

We’re releasing this guide under a CC-BY license
<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/>, meaning that you can freely copy,
adapt, and remix its contents with attribution!

Check it out! <http://www.whatarealtmetrics.com>

I’ve striven to make the What Are Altmetrics? guide a comprehensive,
objective source of information for anyone who’s new to the field and wants
to learn more. We’ll continue to improve the site over time--if you have
suggestions for resources, edits, or any other additions, please email me
at stacy at altmetric.com.

Many thanks,

Stacy Konkiel

--