[IRTalk] International Alliance of Research Library Associations Endorse Open Data Accord | LJ INFOdocket

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:38:21 SAST 2016

By signing this accord we declare our commitment to working with the
scientific community in making publicly funded research data open by
default. Data are the building blocks of knowledge. Therefore libraries,
which exist to ensure access to knowledge, are key stakeholders in the open
data environment. Libraries have a responsibility to make data
discoverable, accessible, intelligible, assessable, and usable. It is of
the utmost importance that the library community engage with the global
scientific and research community on this issue in venues such as the
Research Data Alliance.

http://www.infodocket.com/2016/04/30/international-alliance-of-research-library-associations-endorse-open-data-accord/