[Irtalk] Connecting the pieces: Using ORCIDs to improve research impact and repositories - F1000Research

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 10:02:11 SAST 2015

Integration with ORCID has been a key element in this process and the best
way to ensure data quality for researcher’s scientific contributions. It
included the systematic inclusion and creation, if necessary, of ORCID
identifiers in the existing repository system, an institutional membership
in ORCID, and the creation of dedicated integration tools. In addition and
in cooperation with the Office of Research Evaluation, the Library worked
at implementing a Current Research Information System (CRIS) as a
standardized common resource to monitor KAUST research outputs. We will
present our findings about the CRIS implementation, the ORCID API, the
repository statistics as well as our approach in conducting the assessment
of research impact in terms of usage by the global research community.

http://f1000research.com/articles/4-195/v1