[Irtalk] How to switch quickly to diamond open access: The best journals are free for authors and readers | Free Science Blog

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 10:59:54 SAST 2015

*The solution is thus not that difficult: Create new prestigious labels
that belong to us, the scientists, to give us freedom of publication.*
Publication labels are actually even more important to us than our
campuses, and even more intrinsically connected to our careers and to our
research environment. There are many ingredients of our research activities
that could be outsourced to some private company: building a telescope,
feeding the lab mice, cleaning the office. You don’t need a scientist to do
these things, and if a private company offers poor service, it can easily
be replaced by another company. *But publication cannot be outsourced.*

http://www.frank-m-richter.de/freescienceblog/2015/10/28/how-to-switch-quickly-to-diamond-open-access-the-best-journals-are-free-for-authors-and-readers/