[Irtalk] The future of cloud computing | Jisc

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:46:09 SAST 2015

Cloud computing occupies an unusual place in the technology landscape. It
has become nigh on ubiquitous through consumer products and services, but
is still an emerging technology for a large proportion of institutions.
​ ​
*To ensure that institutions are at the forefront of knowledge on the
benefits of cloud, we have consolidated the latest research and identified
the most pertinent technological trends for consideration that have
positive implications for the sector.*
​
In this report we discuss the potential of cloud computing in terms of
institutional agility and efficiency, and in empowering individual learners
and staff members. We also outline recent Jisc work to reduce the friction
of engaging with cloud technologies, and then propose a direction of travel
that will enable UK colleges, universities and skills providers to exploit
the potential of cloud computing to its fullest extent.

https://www.jisc.ac.uk/reports/the-future-of-cloud-computing

*​Also see: http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/OpenStack
<http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/OpenStack>​*