[Irtalk] Fwd: [PAC-LIST] Kick-off workshop of the IMPACT-OPF MOOC on digitisation and digital preservation
hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:42:55 SAST 2015
Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
Stellenbosch University Library
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julia Brungs <Julia.Brungs at ifla.org>
Date: 12 May 2015 at 14:08
Subject: [PAC-LIST] Kick-off workshop of the IMPACT-OPF MOOC on
digitisation and digital preservation
To: "pac-list at infoserv.inist.fr" <pac-list at infoserv.inist.fr>
Kick-off workshop of the IMPACT-OPF MOOC on digitisation and digital
The Impact Centre of Competence <http://www.digitisation.eu/> and Open
Preservation foundation <http://openpreservation.org/> has organized
workshop of the IMPACT-OPF MOOC on digitisation and digital preservation’
<http://bit.ly/1HcraeG>, that will take place September, 18th, in Poznan
(Poland) during the 9th International Conference on Theory and Practice of
Digital Libraries <http://tpdl2015.info/>.
The need for specific training on the multiple facets of digitisation and
digital preservation technology is a common concern at cultural heritage
institutions. As a response, the Impact Centre of Competence
<http://www.digitisation.eu/>and the Open Preservation Foundation
<http://openpreservation.org/> promote the organisation of a high-quality
MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) on digitisation and digital preservation.
The purpose of this hands-on workshop is to launch the creation of the
online course by:
- Identifying the training needs and the available expertise in this
- Defining the competences provided by the course and the procedures
that will be applied to evaluate them.
- Building the basic structure of the course (units and lessons).
- Coordinating responsibilities for the creation of content.
Stakeholders willing to contribute actively to the definition and
implementation of a MOOC on digitisation and digital preservation, for
- Experts in the implementation of digitisation and digital preservation
- Tool providers, companies and researchers producing hardware/software
for digitisation and digital preservation.
- Librarians, archivists and, in general, personnel at cultural
heritage institutions working in digitisation departments or involved in
the management of digitisation and digital preservation programmes.
- Researchers and publishers creating digital editions.
Registered participants are requested to *submit an e-mail *
<digmooc at man.poznan.pl>introducing their expertise and the subject or
subjects they could contribute to, including:
- Long-term preservation of digitised content
- Digital capture, image processing and enhancement
- Digital edition, publication and access
- Quality assurance
- Life-cycle of digitised content and management procedures
- Data and metadata standards
- Rights management
Description of the workshop
An expert in the creation of MOOCs will present a success story in the
implementation of online training courses and will describe the key
ingredients for a wide impact course:
- Technology and learning platform.
- Content preparation and pedagogical approach.
- Management of the course.
Plenary sessions will elaborate on the application of these ideas to the
particular case of digitisation and digital preservation. The preliminary
schedule for the sessions is the following:
1. General plan (target public, needs addressed, value proposition,
unique features, managerial structure, impact measures, dissemination &
2. Title, objectives, and competences covered.
3. Evaluation procedures (for competences).
4. Syllabus (contents and structure).
As a result, the participants will create a blueprint for the online
training course, including a pilot lesson to be produced within 3-4 weeks
after the workshop.
- Rafael C. Carrasco, IMPACT Centre of Competence, Scientific Director.
- Ed Fay, Open Preservation Foundation, Executive Director.
- Katrien Depuydt, Institute for Dutch Lexicology, Head of the Language
- Tomasz Parkoła, Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Centre, Team
Leader in the Digital Libraries and Knowledge Platforms Department.
- Clemens Neudecker, Berlin State Library, Europeana Newspapers Project
- Pedro Pernías, Universidad de Alicante, Director of UniMOOC
For questions, please send email to digmooc at man.poznan.pl.
----Apologies for cross posting----
*Silvia G. Ponzoda*
IMPACT Centre of Competence
Fundación Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes
Email: *silvia.ponzoda at digitisation.eu <silvia.ponzoda at digitisation.eu>*
<silvia.ponzoda at digitisation.eu>*
Follow @impactocr <https://twitter.com/impactocr>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IRTalk