[Irtalk] Fwd: [bod] 2015 ETD Survey: A Comprehensive Survey of ETD Practices

Hussein Suleman hussein at cs.uct.ac.za
Tue May 5 15:33:14 SAST 2015

fyi,

hussein suleman ~ hussein at cs.uct.ac.za ~ http://www.husseinsspace.com

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[bod] 2015 ETD Survey: A Comprehensive Survey of ETD Practices
Date: 	Mon, 4 May 2015 15:02:51 -0400
From: 	Gail McMillan <gailmac at vt.edu>
To: 	bod at ndltd.org <bod at ndltd.org>

ETDs (Electronic Theses and Dissertations) have been part of academia
for over 20 years, yet we lack comparative data over time. This is only
the second study of general practices of academic institutions regarding
ETDs. This study will identify current best practices as well as problem
areas for all institutions to be aware of, and it will chart the
longitudinal progress of ETD initiatives.

Please take 15 minutes to complete this survey (or forward this email to
a more appropriate person at your institution) and remedy the shallow
depths of statistical data available about ETDs.

Click here to take the ETD survey
<http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3O6KFl5BhthVuTz> or paste
the URL below into your Internet browser. We promise that it really
won’t take longer than 15 minutes to respond.

http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3O6KFl5BhthVuTz

It is my goal to repeat this survey every two years and to post the
results widely in easily accessible public repositories. The results of
the first baseline survey, “2013 NDLTD Survey of ETD Practices,” are
available at http://hdl.handle.net/10919/50978.

Thank you very much for participating in this important survey.

Gail McMillan
Director, Scholarly Communication
Professor, Virginia Tech Libraries
Board of Directors, Networked Digital Library of Theses and
Dissertations (NDLTD)
gailmac at vt.edu <mailto:gailmac at vt.edu> 540-231-9252

--
https://groups.google.com/a/ndltd.org/d/msgid/bod/CAG%2BRrj%2B4oXYK3OcTBR%2By5jOSJk1DKOmi51YKZrL-Tkrh%3DLf6xQ%40mail.gmail.com