[Irtalk] The Practice of Digital Libraries - D-Lib Magazine - Editorial - March/April 2015

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:08:33 SAST 2015

The practice of digital libraries continues to evolve and the range of that
practice is well represented in our current issue of nine full articles,
including both studies of the current state of affairs and the cutting edge
of tool and resource development. We start with a case study (Oliver and
Knight) from the National Library of New Zealand addressing the issue of
outsourcing storage. It seems clear that this will become a topic of
increasing importance in the digital library world and the authors identify
the benefits, challenges, and lessons learned from the experience of their
institution going through this process.

http://www.dlib.org/dlib/march15/03editorial.html