[Irtalk] Well, well, look who’s at it again | Lauren B. Collister

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:49:21 SAST 2015

It’s no secret that I’m not the biggest fan of Elsevier, but this recent
round of behavior is abhorrent.

However, as pointed out in an article at Times Higher Education, a clever
clause in the author agreement permits resale of this article:

This made think back to my blog post about the labyrinthine licensing
language at the Elsevier Open Access journal Ampersand.  I went back to
check the license agreement, and guess what appears in the “Rights Granted
to Elsevier” section?

*The exclusive right to publish and distribute an article, and to grant
rights to others, including for commercial purposes.*

http://www.laurenbcollister.com/well-well-look-whos-at-it-again/