[Irtalk] New Video: Brewster Kahle Says “We Want Lots of Libraries, We Want Lots of Winners” | LJ INFOdocket

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Mon Jun 8 21:41:53 SAST 2015

To add:

Forbes interviews Anthony W. Marx, President and CEO of the New York Public Library, about libraries in the 21st century. Marx said,

"...the library is misunderstood as a repository of books. The library is a repository of information, and a sharing, and providing of access to information, and guide to using it. The book has been the platform for how to do that. New technology now enables us to fulfill our mission at an exponentially higher level."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshwolfe/2015/06/01/the-21st-century-library-a-conversation-with-nypls-anthony-marx/