[Irtalk] LIASA HELIG 2015

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Fri Jan 9 11:45:02 SAST 2015

Dear Colleagues

A warm welcome back to all of you, and we are looking so much forward to have you all on board in the coming year! Our wish is for LIASA HELIG to remain a vibrant, dynamic interest group of choice for all academic/research librarians. We would also like to encourage a culture of sharing amongst academic/research librarians to help all to stay on the cutting edge of new developments to further research in our country. Please join LIASA HELIG if you haven't done so yet!

We would like for all of you to share freely, using the available tools.

HELIG Mailing List
Do you want to communicate/share an event/other important information of concern to higher education/academic/research/other librarians? Send an e-mail to heligliasa at googlegroups.com<mailto:heligliasa at googlegroups.com>

Facebook
Please Like us on facebook and receive interesting posts that apply within the university library & research environment. We welcome comments and lots of interaction from all! See https://www.facebook.com/LiasaHelig

Twitter
Follow us on Twitter, and use our Twitter hash tag when reporting on LIASA HELIG events. Use @HELIGNews

Webinars
We would like to invite you to please make suggestions for possible topics we can present through our webinars this coming year. If you know of possible presenters, you are most welcome to share with us! Topics can include anything relevant and of interest, for example metrics, open access, data curation, information literacy, e-learning, new tools, professional skills, technical skills, trend reports, project management and more. Please e-mail suggestions to Ingrid.thomson at uct.ac.za<mailto:Ingrid.thomson at uct.ac.za> The webinars are presented at no cost for LIASA HELIG members. Non-LIASA members will be required to pay registration fees.

Membership
Have you renewed your membership yet? You can do it online at: http://members.liasa.org.za/ (current & new members). Also make sure your information is updated on the LIASA database.
For the debit order option, please enquire with the LIASA Office: http://www.liasa.org.za/contact

LIASA HELIG Governance 2014-2016
Just to refresh - you are most welcome to contact any of the following if/when needed:

Ina Smith (Chair): ina at assaf.org.za<mailto:ina at assaf.org.za>
Ingrid Thomson (Chair Elect): ingrid.thomson at uct.ac.za<mailto:ingrid.thomson at uct.ac.za>
Sebina Levember (Treasurer): levemfs at unisa.ac.za<mailto:levemfs at unisa.ac.za>
Sanele Kunene (Public Relations Officer): kunenesas at tut.ac.za<mailto:kunenesas at tut.ac.za>
Paulette Talliard (Secretary): plt at sun.ac.za<mailto:plt at sun.ac.za>
Joyce Myeza (Past Chair & Additional Member): Myezaj3 at ukzn.ac.za<mailto:Myezaj3 at ukzn.ac.za>
Senovia Welman (Additional Member): senovia at ufs.ac.za<mailto:senovia at ufs.ac.za>
Alfred Nqotole (Additional Member): anqotole at uwc.ac.za<mailto:anqotole at uwc.ac.za>
Phindile Bekwa (Additional Member): phindile.bekwa at gmail.com<mailto:phindile.bekwa at gmail.com>

2014 LIASA HELIG Calendar
We will soon be sharing some dates with you. For now - please diarise the following important events:

SA Library Week - Launch: 14 March 2015
Librarian's Day: 10 July 2015
SA Open Access Week: 19 - 23 October 2015
IFLA 2015 Conference: 15 - 21 August 2015

LIASA HELIG wishes you all the best, and we are looking forward to a new year with a programme filled with exciting topics and initiatives!! Please stay in touch!!

With kind regards
Ina (HELIG Chair) - on behalf of the HELIG Team

Ina Smith
Planning Manager - Scholarly Publishing Unit
(previously Open Scholarship Manager, Stellenbosch University - until 30 September 2014)
Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf)<http://www.assaf.org.za/>
1st Floor Block A, The Woods
41 De Havilland Crescent, Meiring Naudé Road
Pretoria, South Africa, 0020
-25.746092, 28.274414<https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/De+Havilland+Cres,+Pretoria,+0020/@-25.7453694,28.2727997,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x1e9560424c7df843:0x13cba2579ff86323?hl=en>

Tel.: +27 12 349 6641
E-mail: ina at assaf.org.za<mailto:ina at assaf.org.za>