[Irtalk] The Code4Lib Journal – Data Munging Tools in Preparation for RDF: Catmandu and LODRefine

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 13:37:39 SAST 2015

Data munging, or the work of remediating, enhancing and transforming
library datasets for new or improved uses, has become more important and
staff-inclusive in many library technology discussions and projects. Many
times we know how we want our data to look, as well as how we want our data
to act in discovery interfaces or when exposed, but we are uncertain how to
make the data we have into the data we want. This article introduces and
compares two library data munging tools that can help: LODRefine
(OpenRefine with the DERI RDF Extension) and Catmandu.

http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/11013