[Irtalk] Springer caught red-handed selling access to an Open Access article - Ross Mounce

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:39:35 SAST 2015

Are these known incidences just the tip of the iceberg? How do we know this
isn’t happening at a greater scale, unobserved? There are more than 50
million research articles on sale at the moment. Perhaps in small part this
explains the obscene profits of the legacy publishers?

It’s yet another nail in the coffin for hybrid OA – *we simply can’t trust
these publishers to keep this content open and paywall-free.*

http://rossmounce.co.uk/2015/04/27/springer-caught-red-handed-selling-access-to-open-access-article/