[Irtalk] Open access in South Africa: A case study and reflections | South African Journal of Science

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:49:17 SAST 2014

In this paper, we locate open access in the South African higher education
research context where it is, distinctively, not shaped by the policy
frameworks that are profoundly changing research dissemination behaviour in
other parts of the world. We define open access and account for its rise by
two quite different routes. We then present a case study of journal
publishing at one South African university to identify existing journal
publishing practices in terms of open access.

http://www.sajs.co.za/open-access-south-africa-case-study-and-reflections/laura-czerniewicz-sarah-goodier