[Irtalk] Developing students' digital literacy | Jisc

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:27:52 SAST 2014

Even today’s students need support with some areas of digital practice,
particularly in an academic context, so it’s important to make sure that
these needs are met.

While employability is an obvious driver, developing students who can learn
and thrive in a digital society is a key role for universities and colleges.

*We define digital literacies as the capabilities which fit someone for
living, learning and working in a digital society.*

To help with thinking about this, we have outlined seven elements of
digital literacy for consideration, which can be seen in the following
diagram.

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/guides/developing-students-digital-literacy