[Irtalk] Measure citation impact for items in your repository

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Thu Nov 27 15:04:02 SAST 2014

Dear Colleagues

Maybe you are doing this already, but here goes anyway. Up to date we've heavily relied on downloads to demonstrate the impact and usage of items within our repositories.

One can also use Google Scholar Citations to measure impact of individual items in the repository.
1. Create a profile for the IR using Google Scholar Citations.
2. Then add the items for which you want to track the citations, one by one at this stage unfortunately.

Google Scholar Citations will indicate how many times the item has been cited, and provide links to those that have cited it.
Create GSC and include whatever you want to in the profile.

Attached an example using 3 items from SUNScholar, the IR of Stellenbosch University.

Link to item on Google Scholar Citations: http://scholar.google.co.za/citations?user=3fe7mIUAAAAJ&hl=en

Kind regards
Ina