[Irtalk] COAR Launches Strategic Initiative to Align Repository Networks

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Fri May 2 11:14:12 SAST 2014

Dear Rose
Thanks for sharing, and I think it would be great to start such an initiative in SA. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
The only suggestion I have at this stage, is to form a working group as part of LIASA HELIG (since repositories in SA are mostly managed by Libraries, and since OA and IR's falls in the scope of issues that will be addressed by LIASA HELIG in future). LIASA is in the process of applying for statutory status, and is also a registered non-profit organisation, acknowledged internationally.
The above just a suggestion, and it would be great to receive suggestions from others.
Kind regards
Ina
Ina Smith
Open Scholarship Manager | Stellenbosch University | Private Bag X5036, 7599 | South Africa
Open Access | SUNScholar<http://scholar.sun.ac.za/> | SUNJournals<http://library.sun.ac.za/English/services/az/oa/Pages/sunjournals.aspx> | SUNConferences<http://library.sun.ac.za/Afrikaans/services/az/oa/Pages/sunconferences.aspx> | E-mail: ismith at sun.ac.za<mailto:ismith at sun.ac.za> | Tel:  +27 21 808 9139 | Skype: smith.ina | Office hours: Mo-Fr: 08h00-16h30
Ooptoegang Wetenskaplike Kommunikasie Bestuurder | Universiteit Stellenbosch | Privaatsak X5036, 7599 | Suid-Afrika
Oop Toegang | SUNScholar<http://scholar.sun.ac.za/>  | SUNJournals<http://library.sun.ac.za/English/services/az/oa/Pages/sunjournals.aspx> | SUNConferences<http://library.sun.ac.za/Afrikaans/services/az/oa/Pages/sunconferences.aspx> | E-pos: ismith at sun.ac.za<mailto:ismith at sun.ac.za> | Tel:  +27 21 808 9139 | Skype: smith.ina | Kantoorure: Ma-Vr: 08h00-16h30