[Irtalk] Fwd: [Open-access] Crowdsourcing request + BMJ OA Policy

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 13:01:39 SAST 2014

Hi All

A snippet from the email mentioned.

*We should demand subscription cancellations to free up funds for
infrastructure development, such that we can wean ourselves from the
dependence of corporate publishers with orthogonal interests from ours*.

Cheers

hg

*Hilton Gibson*
Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025D
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://scholar.sun.ac.za
http://bit.ly/goodir
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://za.linkedin.com/in/hiltongibson