[Irtalk] Southern Africa Special Edition: Editorial | Pather | The Journal of Community Informatics

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:08:08 SAST 2014

​I​
t is with great pleasure that we present the first Southern African special
issue of The Journal of Community Informatics. This is the culmination of a
long journey, which started with an initial discussion with the
Editor-in-Chief, Dr Michael Gurstein, almost three years ago. After the
initial call, in latter 2012, all submissions were subjected to an initial
filtering in terms of alignment to the scope of the call. Thereafter all
papers have been subjected to a double-blind peer review process, with some
papers going through three iterations of review. As the editors of this
special issue, we would like to thank all of the authors who responded to
the call, and to the reviewers who have diligently cooperated with the
editors throughout the process of review. Our heartfelt gratitude is
extended also to the JoCI Editor in Chief for the unstinting support in
ensuring the special edition has come together.

http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/article/view/1098