[Irtalk] FW: ETD Awards Nominations
Smith, Ina <firstname.lastname@example.org>
ismith at sun.ac.za
Mon Feb 3 11:51:56 SAST 2014
From: etd-l Discussion List [mailto:ETD-L at listserv.vt.edu] On Behalf Of John Hagen
Sent: 03 February 2014 04:29 AM
To: ETD-L at LISTSERV.VT.EDU
Subject: ETD Awards Nominations
Call for Nominations - 2014 ETD Innovation & Leadership Awards
The NDLTD's ETD Awards recognize innovative theses and dissertations and leadership within the ETD community. These awards are presented each year at the annual ETD Symposium.
The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD<http://www.ndltd.org/>) consortium is pleased to announce the 2014 ETD Awards program. We invite all NDLTD members to nominate individuals they feel deserve the recognition!
The awards include several categories of appreciation.
* The Innovative ETD Award recognizes student efforts to transform the genre of the print dissertation through the use of innovative software to create multimedia ETDs.
* The ETD Leadership Award recognizes members of the university community whose leadership and vision has helped raise awareness of the benefits of ETDs and whose efforts have improved graduate education and research through the use of ETDs.
The awards will be presented at the ETD 2014 Symposium<http://www2.le.ac.uk/library/etd2014/etd2014>, to be held July 23 - 25, 2014 at the University of Leicester in the UK.
Eligibility, Nomination Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
* The nominator and the nominee's University must be an NDLTD member<http://www.ndltd.org/about/membership>.
* Nominations will be reviewed by the NDLTD Awards Committee. Current members of the NDLTD Awards Committee are not eligible for nomination.
* Winners are encouraged but not required to attend the ETD Symposium.
? Innovative ETD award winners will be eligible to receive up to U.S. $500 reimbursement towards the cost of their travel to attend the ETD Symposium.
? We request that winners who cannot attend the Symposium record a video acceptance message (approximately 2 - 3 minutes) that can be presented at the Symposium Awards ceremony and distributed online, or provide an acceptance message in writing (500 words or less).
* Nomination letters should include:
o A brief description (1,000 words or less) of background information and details of the merits of and justification for the nomination.
o Additional letters of support (i.e. from faculty, administration, students, Library or Graduate School Dean, Provost, etc.).
o Complete contact information for both the nominator and nominee, including home and/or University postal and email addresses.
* Examples of previous award winners, links to multimedia ETDs and acceptance speech videos are available at www.ndltd.org<http://www.ndltd.org/>.
* Also see the news article "NDLTD ETD Award Winners 2004 - 2009: Case Studies in Success<http://www.ndltd.org/ndltd-awards/innovative-etd-awards/awards/ndltdetdawardwinners2004-2009casestudiesinsuccess>" and ETD 2013 Award Winners<http://www.ndltd.org/events/news/ndltdetdawards-2013winnersannounced>.
* Nominations must be sent by email to ETD Awards Committee Chair John Hagen at John.Hagen at renaissance-scholar.com<mailto:John.Hagen at renaissance-scholar.com>
Deadline for Nominations: March 1, 2014
Specific Awards Category Information and Requirements
Innovative ETD Award
ETDs submitted for this award must represent student efforts to transform the genre of the print dissertation through the use of ETDs. This award recognizes innovative use of software to create "cutting edge" ETDs. The application and integration of renderings, photos, data sets, software code and other multimedia objects that are included in the document will be considered as part of the innovation of the work.
* An ETD may be nominated by a representative (e.g. administrator, faculty member or librarian) of an institution that is a member<http://www.ndltd.org/about/membership> of the NDLTD.
? Each NDLTD member may submit up to 2 nominees. In addition, a student from a member organisation may submit a self-nomination.
? The nomination should include a link to the archived work, along with a brief statement about how the work uses technology to enhance the presentation of research.
* ETD nominations may be in PDF and/or open (non-PDF) formats. Submissions of PDF formats should include hyper-linking and/or the source URL to any included supplementary multimedia material.
* The ETD must be distributed online as open access.
* There may be up to three winners in this category.
* Each winner will receive $1,000 and will be eligible to receive an additional $500 in travel scholarship funding to attend the ETD Symposium.*
ETD Leadership Award
This is open to individuals whose leadership and vision has helped raise awareness of the benefits of ETDs and whose efforts have improved graduate education through the use of ETDs. Letters of nomination should include details about the individual's ETD related activities and how the nominee's leadership has made significant advances in the area of ETDs at the local, regional, national or international levels.
* Nominations should be submitted by the nominee's supervisor or related University administrator.
* The nominee or nominee's institution must be affiliated as an NDLTD member<http://www.ndltd.org/about/membership>.
* There may be up to two winners for this category.
* Each winner will receive international honorary recognition.
*I.R.S regulations require the NDLTD to report all award amounts distributed; citizens of the United States must provide a valid Social Security number to receive award distributions. Winners must agree to the conditions set forth in the eligibility requirements listed here and NDLTD policy. Winners must also agree to make acceptance / acknowledgments materials available to the NDLTD for the purpose of international promotions.
ETD 2014 Symposium<http://www2.le.ac.uk/library/etd2014/etd2014>
For more information about the ETD Awards program contact John Hagen<mailto:John.Hagen at renaissance-scholar.com>, ETD Awards Committee Chair.
This awards announcement is also available online at http://www.ndltd.org/events/news/callfornominations%E2%80%932014etdinnovationleadershipawards
John H. Hagen, Consultant / Owner
Renaissance Scholarly Communications
1121 Louise Avenue
Morgantown, WV 26505
Office / Home / Fax: (304) 241-4677
Mobile: (304) 290-2516
John.Henry.Hagen at gmail.com<mailto:John.Henry.Hagen at gmail.com>
Renaissance Scholarly Communications
E-pos vrywaringsklousule Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige l?ers aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie. E-mail disclaimer This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Irtalk