[Irtalk] #scholarAfrica – Consolidating the African open agenda - University World News

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 12:34:08 SAST 2014

*What is the African open access agenda? Is there an African open access
agenda? Perhaps principle is the question: do we need an open access
agenda?*

In the course of my work in Scholarly Communication in Africa Programme and
the OpenUCT Initiative over the last few years I have engaged with many
African academics and institutional managers around open scholarship.

There lately appears to be an increasing sentiment that we need to engage
more actively in agenda-setting around open access from an African
standpoint, focusing on the areas which are imperative in our context,
developing our own folksonomies.

http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20140822082156503

*​Check the ​#scholarAfrica hash tag on Twitter.*