[Irtalk] Google Online Security Blog: HTTPS as a ranking signal

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:54:03 SAST 2014

For these reasons, over the past few months we’ve been running tests taking
into account whether sites use secure, encrypted connections as a signal in
our search ranking algorithms. We’ve seen positive results, so we’re
starting to use HTTPS as a ranking signal. For now it's only a very
lightweight signal—affecting fewer than 1% of global queries, and carrying
less weight than other signals such as high-quality content—while we give
webmasters time to switch to HTTPS. But over time, we may decide to
strengthen it, because we’d like to encourage all website owners to switch
from HTTP to HTTPS to keep everyone safe on the web.
​
​

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.in/2014/08/https-as-ranking-signal_6.html
​

*Time to​ secure your repository so that you maintain Google's good graces.*
*See: *
*http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Secure_Internet_Connections
<http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Secure_Internet_Connections>​*
*​*