[Irtalk] First copy costs of scientific articles - a short overview

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 12:42:53 SAST 2014

While I was working on a longer text, I gathered - more or less as a
by-product - information from studies and reports on the (first copy) costs
of a scientific article. As a result, it can only be noted that the
information available on these costs (and related costs as margins) are
very different and really difficult to compare. The latter confirms my
impression that there is a huge lack of transparency in the scientific
publications market. The following table may give some insight in the
information I found. It is also available via GitHub (
https://github.com/scinoptica/article_costs.git), so please feel free to
improve/ update the data or add new information.

http://www.scinoptica.com/pages/topics/first-copy-costs-of-scientific-articles---a-short-overview.php