[Irtalk] "Librarian, Heal Thyself: A Scholarly Communication Analysis of LIS Jou" by Chealsye Bowley and Micah Vandegrift

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:25:45 SAST 2014

This article presents an analysis of 111 journals in Library and
Information Science based on measurements of "openness" including copyright
policies, open access self-archiving policies and open access publishing
options. We propose a new metric to rank journals: the H.O.i.i. Factor (How
Open Is It). Finally, the article calls for librarians and researchers in
LIS to examine our scholarly literature and hold it to the principles and
standards that we are asking of other disciplines.

http://diginole.lib.fsu.edu/library_faculty_publications/10/