[Irtalk] Can I self-archive my scientific preprint? #openaccess

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 12:23:49 SAST 2013

rchiveit was developed as a response to the rarely employed practice of
self-archiving research articles [2]. Researchers are misinformed on their
rights when they submit a research paper to a journal or a conference.
While SHERPA/RoMEO does a great, extensive job in collecting and organizing
the publishers' copyright and self-archiving policies, its interface is
outdated and the provided information are too much for non-technical
people. Most still don't know what Open Access is, especially in the field
of Computer Science.

rchiveit provides a fresher (still improvable) user interface and only the
strictly important information needed by the researcher. Just a symbol near
the words preprint, postprint, and publisher PDF, followed by a single
paragraph of explanations.

rchiveit is Open-Source software, available on GitHub and released under
the BSD 3-Clause License.
http://rchive.it/