[Irtalk] FW: [Sabinet Sabinews] Query about a mining repository

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Tue Mar 5 13:42:51 SAST 2013

From: sabinet-sabinews at googlegroups.com [mailto:sabinet-sabinews at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of info
Sent: 04 March 2013 11:09
To: sabinews
Subject: [Sabinet Sabinews] Query about a mining repository

Please reply to Katinka directly. Forwarding on her behalf.

From: van Straaten, Katinka [mailto:katinka.vanstraaten at angloamerican.com]

I am enquiring whether any of you know if there is an existing repository with information materials on mining, but which is a public domain platform?
My client is a member of a recently created "Occupational Health Knowledge Network in Mining" which has as one of its objectives to focus on safe and healthy practices in small scale / informal mining, in developing countries.
The idea is to find a public domain platform where information and learnings from the various projects can be uploaded and shared.
The Knowledge Network is linked to the international organisations WHO and ICOH (International Commission on Occupational Health), and if all else fails, we will request the hosting of a platform on one of their sites (we are mindful of costs, as funding for the Network is still non-existent).

I have already received valuable feedback from Martie van Deventer.

Any further input will be greatly appreciated.

Katinka van Straaten D +27 (11) 638 2594  F +27 (11) 638 5605

E-pos vrywaringsklousule Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige l?ers aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie. E-mail disclaimer This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.